Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
2 hours + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Mix up a sandy colour for the pyramids using light brown, yellow and white. Paint the wooden pyramids with the base pieces and leave to dry.
- Paint 10 wooden craft sticks blue, or choose different colours.
Hold each stick at the end then brush paint over both sides and along the edges. Place the sticks across the top of a jar or small bowl to dry. The ends can be left un-painted.
- Cut out 10 x 6cm blue card circles for the plagues. Make the plague pictures with foam stickers or cut out simple shapes from coloured card. Stick the pictures onto the card circles. Add details with a paint or use felt pens.
- Apply a small amount of glue on the ends of the painted sticks then press the plague pictures on top. Leave to dry.
- Make the sky background from a piece of blue A4 card. Lightly apply glue over the side of a small box then stick the blue card on top so it stands up. A cardboard box for biscuits, tea, pet food is ideal.
- Use a piece of A4 yellow card for the sand in front of the blue sky. Slot the base pieces onto the pyramids. Stand the pyramids on the background.
Use a strip of corrugated card to print a stone-effect texture on the pyramids.