Beginner. Adult supervision needed. Key Stage 1 + Key Stage 2
Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for glue
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut out a 15cm diameter circle from the middle of a large cardboard plate to make a frame. Do this by carefully cutting into the middle of the plate then cutting outwards making a window.
- With the paper plate frame facing downwards, paint it black and leave it to dry. Lightly brush with silver paint to give a metallic effect.
- For the background, cut a 22cm circle from metallic card then glue it behind the frame. This should leave a gap between the edge of the circular window and the background.
- Cut out some sea creatures from rainbow card, add wiggly eyes, then glue them onto the background with tissue paper seaweed and real shells.
- Glue small circles cut from silver card around the porthole.
To give a more 3D effect, stick the sea creatures onto the background with a small piece of thick card or foam on the back to lift them up.