Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Take the lid off the jar and paint it with white acrylic paint. Leave to dry.
- Use a black glass pen to draw some snow slopes and fir trees on the outside of the jar. Leave to dry. When dry, decorate with penguin stickers.
- Add approximately eight tablespoons of PVA glue into your mixing bowl. Then add shaving foam, about half the amount of the glue, to your mixture.
- Add a couple of drops of blue food colouring into your mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Put a teaspoon of baking soda into the bowl and mix again.
- Add approximately one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir. Your mixture should begin to stick together. Continue to add more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Put a teaspoon of instant snow powder into another bowl, then add some contact lens solution to the powder and mix it to make the fake snow. Using contact lens solution, rather than water, to make the snow will prevent your slime from turning sticky.
- Add a little iridescent glitter into the snow mixture. Then take your slime from the bowl and mix the snow into the slime.
- Put the slime into the jar, then put on the painted white lid.
Add more glitter for a sparkly effect. Instead of a penguin winter scene, you can create a winter scene of your own choice.